Saturday, February 23, 2008

Anniversary Presents


It's our forty-fifth wedding anniversary and I am gloating over a personal present on the right, the initial run of the cover art for The Widowmaker at Whiskey Creek Press. The far background behind the motorcycles may change, but already the cover artist has done me proud.

The real anniversary present is the forty-five years we've already shared. Add three children we consider friends, five grandchildren (with the prospect of more) who've stolen our hearts all over again, and a relationship that has weathered life's storms remarkably well, considering our faults. (largely mine, of course)

We'll celebrate by baby-sitting one of our grandchildren while our younger daughter celebrates her own anniversary (our children have Machiavellian minds), and tomorrow we'll go out, just the two of us, and have afternoon tea at a favorite place.

In the meantime, I have edits, a WIP and a submission to prepare.

It's a great life.

Amy

2 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Happy anniversary!! Forty-five years is such a great achivement. I'm sure you have many more happy years in store.

I love the cover for your upcoming release. It's gorgeous. The title is great, too.

I was sorry to hear about your friend. My deepest sympathies.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 45 years of marriage (Debi and I hit 19 next month, so we're just beginners), and best wishes for your impending Whiskey Creek Press release!

Steven, WCP