Monday, June 18, 2012

Coasting has a cover


Amanda Kelsey has done me proud with this cover. It is striking and effective. All I need now are the edits and they're in progress.
I make no bones about this book being very special to me. It was the genre I wanted to write in 1975 and all the other books and stories have been the preparation for its release. I enjoyed the learning curve, but my goal was always this book.
In many ways, the journey has been symptomatic of my life, selecting a goal and then bending my efforts to achieve it. When I was younger, it was easier. I always knew I could outlast temporary setbacks and never found one that was permanent. On the cusp of seventy-five, reaching this one brings a special pleasure.

3 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Gorgeous cover!. I like the colors.
Amanda has done a couple of my covers. She does great work.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks Shelley, This is the second cover Amanda's done for me. I found her easy to negotiate with over the details, but the colours were her choice.
I had to delete my first response because my fingers had become completely undisciplined